Program Mission and Purpose
- To provide students with the best possible education in the fundamental areas of modern chemistry while relating contents to other disciplines, society, and real-world chemical applications.
- The program seeks to assist students to be well-equipped for future job market in chemistry and related disciplines as well as successfully transfer to a four-year university.
- Graduates will be familiar with everyday applications of chemistry and be able to make positive contributions to society.
Why Major in Chemistry?
- Majoring in chemistry could give you an opportunity to make an informed decision about which STEM career pathway you actually want to pursue.
- Chemistry is the central discipline for connecting the physical sciences, life sciences, and applied sciences such as engineering and medicine. For this reason, chemistry is referred to as “the central science”.
- Having a degree in chemistry will provide you with opportunities for a wide range of careers in many fields in research, science, healthcare, and business.
- With a chemistry degree, you can find a position that suits your interests while also earning a high salary.
Equipment and Instrumentation
Our chemistry laboratories are well-equipped with the essential equipment appropriate for courses offered. We have a suite of modern chemical instrumentation, providing students with hands-on experience with a wide range of analytical techniques, including:
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Gas Chromatography
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Ultraviolet-Visible Spectroscopy
- Infrared Spectroscopy
The following are some of the examples of jobs you can get or career pathways you can choose with a chemistry degree.
- Food scientist
- Materials Scientist
- Forensic Scientist
- College Professor
- Research Chemist
- Biochemist/Pharmaceutical Chemist
- Nuclear Engineer
- High School Teacher
- Medical Lab Technologist
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Environmental Consultant
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Technician